Friday, July 1, 2011

Seven Peaks

We have been hitting up this water park A TON lately. We love it! We usually go for only a couple hours and it's perfect. Reagan observed everyone's towels laid out on day and asked, "Why do they put out them blankets like that?" I explained sunbathing and now it's her favorite thing to do, lol. Each time we go it gets a little more fun since the kids become more and more familiar with the water. I feel like there is so much to do. We are constantly switching between the lazy river, the wave pool, the two kiddy play pools. On Saturday is when Will joins us. It's fun because between the two of us we can each take a kid down a tube slide on our lap. Now, if you're pregnant, you're not allowed to go. Understandable with liability and such. Will calls me a rule breaker, and I admit it, I am, but I'm not going to miss out on all the fun! Here's Will's account of how it plays out:

I always like to give Julie a hard time. It's probably one of my glaring "husband flaws." One particular habit I like to tease her about is that she lives by her own set of rules. Sometimes she is above the law that others put in place. At Seven Peaks Water Park I saw the perfect example to illustrate this. We are in line to go down some tall water slides. Julie would ride with Reagan and I'd ride with Linc. As we neared the front of the line, an employee stepped towards us. He queried, "At the risk of being offensive, are your pregnant ma'am?" She, knowing that this would prevent her from being allowed on the slide, quickly replied, "Nope."
Perhaps you should know that when Julie is pregnant her arms stay skinny, her legs stay skinny, and she just develops a cute basketball belly. Her pregnancy build was only magnified by her wearing a swimsuit. Only a pregnant woman could look like this! It would be impossible to develop this physique without carrying child. And yet she has the guts to just go with it. I couldn't do it. I could never do it. We are different. And even though it makes me a bit uncomfortable to break the rules, I love her for owning who she is.

Yup, that's pretty much how it is. Most the employees are too timid to ask, but I'd say I'm asked a fair share of the time. When I confidently reply, "no," their apologizes follow profusely. It's pretty funny. My favorite was one girl who tried to smooth it over by adding, "It's really hard to tell nowadays!"
Aw, summer fun.

3 comments:

  1. I love her sunbathing! So cute! It was great to see you today. We probably won't be able to go next sat since we are blessing Brady on that sunday, but the sat after, we'll def be there. Maybe if Brady gets his harness off, we'll be there earlier! Crossing fingers! :) And I love the story about your baby bump. Cracks me up! You are such a cute pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how fun. We miss that place! Julie, this is so funny, I am so surprised! I would never see you as being able to tell out and out lies! I can't even imagine the employees trying to apologize... Looks like you guys are having fun!

    ReplyDelete

comments