On Monday the MacFarlane's invited us to go swimming at Riverside with them. I loved it because is a traditional pool, diving boards and all. That might sound weird but in Utah I feel like every pool is actually just a water park, which is fun but also kind of crazy/packed/intense.
I feel like every visit to a pool the kids get better and better with their swimming skills. I always feel like I have one exciting thing to report to Will that night. I love how small improvements are so exciting as a parent. This day it was Reagan jumping off the side of the pool over and over by herself (into water that she could touch) but fully going under and being okay with it. She also was loving her life jacket so I decided that will be a permanent accessory at Seven Peaks now. It adds that level of comfort so she is trying to float on her own now.
I feel like every visit to a pool the kids get better and better with their swimming skills. I always feel like I have one exciting thing to report to Will that night. I love how small improvements are so exciting as a parent. This day it was Reagan jumping off the side of the pool over and over by herself (into water that she could touch) but fully going under and being okay with it. She also was loving her life jacket so I decided that will be a permanent accessory at Seven Peaks now. It adds that level of comfort so she is trying to float on her own now.
Lincoln and Julie
Our diving board experience cracked me up. Reagan was trying to jump off to Will but would not do it. I forgot to take a picture of her out there because I was busy videoing it which turned out to be several long takes of us cheering her on and her being scared, lol. Lincoln thought maybe he could muster up the courage.



No comments:
Post a Comment
comments