I mentioned to someone that Fourth of July was my favorite holiday and they responded, "I thought Halloween was." Well, I guess I did say that. What it comes down to is I just LOVE holidays! Everyone just might be my favorite at the time :) I think it is so fun to celebrate. Holidays create incredible memories and traditions and are just plain FUN. And I love to decorate my house for the holidays. I sort of have to divy up which holidays I buy decorations for each year since I don't have a base for each one yet, so I decided next year will be my year to get some good 4th of July decorations. Anyway, I was super looking forward to the fourth. I thought back to all my memories of the 4th. Watching the fireworks on top of a tall building with my dad's office in D.C., doing fireworks in our backyard, great food, etc. I told Reagan about what it would be like and her and Lincoln were acting out in anticipation. So cute!
On Saturday, after an afternoon at Trafalga, we grabbed some Chick-fliet and set up our picnic on a hill in Provo to watch the Stadium of Fire Fireworks.
Overlooking the view
Trying to get a family pic
Lincoln is so cute, he was putting the blanket over his head and when we would say, "Where's Lincoln?" He would pop out, "AH!!!!" Oh I love how this game never gets old.
Waiting for the fireworks.....they didn't start until almost 10:30! The kids were SO tired, Reagan kept saying she just wanted to put down her head and rest and I couldn't believe the words coming out of my mouth, "Just stay up a little longer." I didn't want them to miss it!
The fireworks were amazing but we were far enough away we couldn't hear them. It's amazing how much the sound and vibration add to the drama of the show, I was kind of sad. I told Will that next year I want to go the actual show, the Stadium of Fire is really a spectacular show.So keeping Reagan up that late, yeah, we definitely paid for it. She threw one of biggest fits the next day, it was awful. After she had calmed down she climbed up on the counter while I was making dinner, I look over literally 2 seconds later to find this: awww

No comments:
Post a Comment
comments