Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Due

I am due TODAY! I went to the doctors yesterday and he said I wouldn't be going for another week. Although, those were the exact words he used with Reagan and my water broke the following day, on her exact due date. So basically, unless my water breaks, I'll be holding tight for a little longer. I seriously don't start dilating on my own. I had to be induced with Lincoln, and was put on pitocin after my water broke with Reagan.

I am totally fine with waiting a week. I've actually been planning on it since I was pretty sure this was how it would go. So with a full week of activities we move ahead! :) We'll be happy and busy and whenever she arrives we'll be ECSTATIC!

People seem to be shocked that I'm out and doing stuff and have energy but I really do feel great. I am full of energy, not uncomfortable, and sleeping well. I'm so grateful my body handles pregnancy so well.

Here are some pictures that were taken at a BBQ last night (the bbq was for Will's work and I just have to say how grateful I am for such an amazing office, they really are some of our closest friends, had a lovely evening)

40 weeks
It's funny how you hold each baby in your belly differently. McKinley is sitting in there so perfectly, a nice tight, round ball. I swear I held Lincoln so low, my stomach was ginormous. And Reagan was so high in my ribs I could barely breath. This baby is centered and comfortable. :)

Preparation for this baby has been a little bit of a roller coaster. For the whole pregnancy I've been planning on having my mom come out for almost two weeks. If you haven't heard, she is AMAZING! Knowing that she would be there eased my mind about everything, all I would need to do is hold and enjoy my precious new baby. Her plan tickets were bought, plans were set.

About a month ago my parents had this incredible opportunity to go to Greece and Turkey with a Congressional group. The date? Exactly the time she would be spending at my house. She couldn't pass up this opportunity, but my heart was crushed. I think the hardest part is expectations, I had envisioned the arrival of McKinley one way and it wasn't going to happen like that any more.

Will's mom came to save the day, she would come out as soon as I went into labor and all would be well. Well, life is crazy and full of trials. Carol
just found out her dad will be stopping his blood transfusions and his days are most likely few. She's leaving for Indiana to be with her dad, exactly where she needs to be.

But alone again. At this point I came to grips with my situation. I can actually look back and laugh at my selfishness, thinking the world needs to stop for me. People have babies all the time, and honestly most people don't have family that stop at a dime to come to your beck and call. I have been blessed with an amazing mother and mother-in-law and so I've been a little spoiled. As soon as the situation sunk in I felt a feeling of peace. I have
felt total peace about McKinley arriving into our family, I know we are going to be just fine. I have so many friends who have offered to help. Brad and BrieAnn will take our kids day or night when we go into labor. Others are willing to watch them for the remaining hospital stay. When I get home I have a list of friends in the neighborhood that I can call whenever I feel like I need help. My mom and dad will be coming for a few days mid October which may be nice to have some help after the fact.

So that's the update :) We're happy, feeling good, and oh so excited to meet our precious new baby girl!!

5 comments:

  1. Love you Julie Anne! It will all be totally OK. Sorry you had to change your plans though, that's not fun. You are surrounded by a lot of people who adore you, so don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that totally stinks about your mother-in-law now not being able to help you. I think we can be a little selfish when it come to having babies :) But you are right though, there are so many great neighbors that you will be taken care of. I am just like you...I am ok with waiting until they are ready to come on their own. I worked right up to the day that I had Luke and it was nice to still be out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! I wish I could be there to help! I would totally do whatever you needed! We'll pray for you and make sure you let those around you help you out! Can't wait to see that cute lil girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are gorgeous! I kind of wish I waited an extra day so I could have a 40 week picture. :) I agree with Kristin that it's okay to be a little selfish, so make sure to let me know when you need help. I can't wait to see this new cute little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting, be sure to let us know when she comes. As mentioned before, I'm happy to help. You look great, and good for you for not just sitting around... I'm with you, resume life until the baby comes! We will wait to hear from you...

    ReplyDelete

comments