Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Primary

Reagan LOVES primary (children's Sunday school at church). Along with playing house, primary is on her regular rotation of make-believe games.
She sets a song book on my music stand and conducts away. I love her hard core singing in this picture! Given Reagan's exceptional memory, I'm a little surprised that memorizing songs doesn't come easily to her. She really doesn't know the words to a whole lot of songs (not that we've worked on it or anything, but I'm kind of surprised she hasn't simply picked them up). So her singing ends up being a lot of randomness, that is pretty funny to listen to.

Reagan has a load of supplies she tots around as she plays. She'll rummage through the folder, pulling out different pictures to talk about and clip and unclip papers to read.
I feel like I get a sneak peak into what goes on at primary and the things they say by listening to what Reagan says.
“Welcome!"
"Sing so loud but not screaming."
"Someone come up who's folding them arms and singing so well."

If she's lucky she'll get an audience. I was laughing hysterically one day when I saw Will walking down the hall following Reagan, arms folded, going to class.

Lincoln is a usual participant as well. She calls him all sorts of names like Sadie (but most of the time she says "Sadia!") or Katie (and again adds the "a" at the end, "Katia!")

She loves to Spotlight. She'll pull out a tiny piece of paper, pretend to read the name, exclaim, "Come up!" and then continues with all the things that person likes.

Lastly, they color.

If Linc isn't in the mood, no worries, she's always got this gal ready and listening.
I am so happy she likes primary. Her first primary program is this Sunday. She's memorized her part, "Jesus is my Savior and Redeemer," and joyfully tells it to anyone who asks.

Here are some pictures of her first primary activity that was held a couple weeks ago. She looked forward to this party for days! She felt so big having "plans," a party to go to that was "not for moms and dads or babies, only for kids."

Her shy look, hands to the mouth
Even after all her big talk, she got nervous and wanted me to stay."If you're listening, raise your hand." Warming up See the sticker on my hand
Once comfortable she pointed to me, "You go." :)

Here's Reagan's Spotlight they returned to me once they were done.
You sure are a sweet girl, Reagan. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments