Thursday, November 10, 2011

Kindness

I don't know if it was the fact that my mom didn't come out right away or what, but it seemed like EVERYONE reached out to help me. It was truly amazing and it touched me deeply. It made having McKinley so smooth and absolutely enjoyable as I got to relax and not worry about so many other things.

The morning of the career fair, the one that Will was in charge of, happened to be the morning we were having the baby. Becca and so many others at work stepped up and did so much. Will said the booths never looked so good.

Sweet Jenefer and little Sophie came and visited us in the hospital Thursday morning. Then came to my house the following Monday and CLEANED!!!! I'm wondering if she thinks slightly less of me after seeing how gross my house was. Oh dear! But I sure needed her, lol! And then after cleaning for 3 straight hours she offered to take my two kids home with her! Can we say angel, yeah, little bit!
Brittany and the Morris' watched the kids the other two days I was in the hospital so I could fully relax and take advantage of the hospital stay. Julie MacFarlane watched them the day I arrived home from the hospital. So much help!!!

I arrived home on a Friday, having had McKinley that Wednesday. It was General Conference weekend. I couldn't think of a happier thing to come home to. I got to lay on the couch all weekend, snuggling my newborn while being uplifted by the words of prophets.

Like I said, Jenefer came to help on Monday. Tuesday Laura watched my kids, Becky Thursday afternoon and Friday Shirley! Having people watch my kids was amazing, I think it's what kept me sane through this whole experience. Shirley has had the kids over again since then. Not to mention the meals that were brought in for 10 days straight!!!!! People kept calling asking if they could bring dinner, angels I tell ya. When you do this for someone, you may think it's small but to the person receiving it is HUGE. Please know how grateful I am for all your support, it truly made this special time blissful.

Here are a few pictures of dear friends bringing us food.

Cara with McKinley and her cute little girls
Wonderful Rachel Bybee from Young Women. The Bybees brought the biggest and best pot-roast ever along with generous gifts. Rachel and Hannah are in Young Womens with me at church and are such good girls.

And to the others not pictured (Brooke, Becky, Kyra, Shala, Iola, Caitlyn and Haily twice) who brought incredible meals that I ate every last bite of, (loved having hot left overs for lunch every day) thank you!

I appreciated the visits as well. It is so nice to be thought of. Anna Marie and Yvonne along with Emily from yw came bearing gifts and love. Jenn Carr, who makes everything she does beautiful, brought Cake Boss quality sugar cookies and gift. There are many many others who brought/sent gifts who I haven't specifically mentioned but please know that I have loved every single one!

And a big shout out to Rachel Calder who brought me the most delicious pie that forced me to cheat on my no treats diet as I single handedly polished off the entire pie! oops!

A few weeks after McKinley's birth my mom and dad came to visit and help. Loved every single minute with them. And then cousin Emily and Paul came to visit.

Reagan and Lincoln got to spend this entire week going back and forth between Grammy and Grandpa's and Omi and Opa's house with much help from Aunt Mary in Colorado. I cannot tell you how nice it has been to have some quiet time with baby McKinley. Time to just be with her. I've been able to rejuvenate from the last month and plan and prepare for upcoming things. Will and I have gone on several dates, I've done projects around the house, and have been able to have lots of me time.

Remember when I was stressing about not having moms come out?! Silly me!! This help situation couldn't have worked out any better. Why do I keep trying to have a plan, Heavenly Father ALWAYS knows best. I think this is what He was trying to tell me when I had that sweet peaceful feeling come over me as things started falling apart approaching McKinley's birth. I
just felt like everything was going to be okay. And look at this! I've had the help of angels. I feel spoiled, which makes me feel guilty in a way. But I know that's not what Heavenly Father intends when he showers down blessings. We are in turn to praise Him and be GRATEFUL and then do it unto others. I will.

I know God loves me and that I am His child when His comes through all of you.
I keep reflecting on all those who popped in to help and many many others who commented on facebook and blogs, I feel so so loved. What would life be without friends, family, and all those around you that care about you? Truly nothing. I love you. Your kindness has blessed my life and left me wanting to the same for others. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. When our 4th child was born at the time our 3rd was 15 months old, my mom was unable to come and stay. Like you, I had so many people come and help. They brought meals, snacks, and cleaned. And you are right, you can't pay them back, but you can definitely pass it on. Congratulations on you newest blessing from Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have done more! :) You are so loved and I'm so glad you were taken care of. And you are totally right about the cycle of giving. I felt the same way after I had Brady and now I want to help everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a blessing to have so many people help you. Somerset is such a great community. I am so glad you were taken care of. You are right about Heavenly Father always knowing best, we think our plan in right, but in the end his plan works out much better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, you are soooo loved! I wasn't worried for a minute about you not having your mom. 1) You are completely amazing! You drove yourself to the hospital, went through labor alone and almost delivered without Will there! You are so brave! 2) Every single person you come in contact with LOVES you. I knew I would have to elbow my way through the crowd of helpers.
    I am so glad things went well for you!!!! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete

comments