Sunday, December 4, 2011

Creating Food/Creating Memories

I think one of the things my kids will remember most about their Grandma is cooking with her. I love that! There is something incredibly bonding about making and eating good food together. It not only feeds your body, it feeds your soul.


Both my mom and I value eating good meals together as a family. I love the way my mom involves the kids when she is cooking, she's amazing. Perhaps I love this scene most because it engenders those memories of my youth. I mean, I CANNOT, and will not ever be able to cut a strawberry without thinking of my mother. We used to cut strawberries at the sink together and make strawberry shortcake.


Even my friends remember this about my mom."Remember when your mom would make us swedish pancakes?" they ask. And swedish pancakes are exactly what Reagan and Lincoln are making in these picture. I LOVE swedish pancakes because they are so yummy, but I think I love them more becaue they are a tradition, they speak of my home and that legacy will live on in my home. Food is special in that way.

2 comments:

comments