Oh I have so much to post and I've been wanting to catch up......
But one thing is pertinent tonight. I need your prayers. I know this is personal, and it may make people feel uncomfortable (I respect that), yet ironically sharing it helps me feel not quite as crazy, I know crazy. But for me saying it is like getting it off my shoulders and I truly feel the support of you lifting me back up. And I just want you to know....
I'm sure all of you are aware of my mental health issues. It came back strong after McKinley was born. I have felt strongly about getting help and health through holistic means, there is so much truth there. A world I so want to jump into. Yet this is an emergency. I need help now. My family doesn't have time to sit around and wait.
I am FINALLY going into see a psychiatrist tomorrow. I have put it off and put it off. I had such a bad experience after Lincoln I really question if medication can help me. I also struggle to know if it's the right thing to do. I feel like I've let God down. I know you all will say otherwise. But I honestly feel like I've been given tools, that it could be and should be different but I keep choosing to give in. I give up because it's hard. I give up and give up and give up. I know that, I know that I could have been doing more. This is not okay so now I really don't have a choice but to do something. I've lost my time to mosey around.
There's so much more to say. I've begun a post like this countless times, maybe I'll go back and post them someday... But tonight, prayers.
Praying!!!! Daily for you! Best wishes for the right fit it the Dr. tomorrow. Love you!
ReplyDelete-Laura
Julie you've always been an inspiration to me and you've helped so many people in countless ways. i admire your courage and ability to share the truth. Now it's someone else's turn (the dr) to help you for a change and I'm praying that you can find the strength you need to find joy in the journey, even along the bumpy paths. Just like any other health disease, depression is a real thing and I hope you can get the right meds to get you back on track! Love you girl and sending prayers your way!
ReplyDeleteraylene
Praying for you! I have been on this journey myself, and as one who knows the path well, I just want to give you this little bit to think about.
ReplyDeleteIf the goal isn't working, the problem is never you. It is always the goal. Either it is too lofty, or too vague, or perhaps the reward isn't great enough, or mostly it is lacking in sufficient handholds to reach it appropriately. If this or that or the other do not work, rework. You will find the thing that gets you to where you need to go. Just be aware that it might not be what you imagined.
Much love!
Prayers with my family, too. We love you and we are always here for you. You and your family have done so much for us! You are wonderful friends.
ReplyDeleteAlesha
You are in my thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeletePrayers, prayers, prayers. I know you will make it through this. I know you will! I love you so much, you have given me words of comfort and peace when I have needed them, you are amazing. I am glad you are seeking help...from a Dr. from us and from the Lord.
ReplyDeleteJulie you will be in our prayers. We love you!
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you right now Julie. You are an amazing daughter of God and he only knows the trials that are the right refiners for you. Medical professionals can be good tools too, so go with an open mind. We LOVE you and will do everything we can to support you from afar!
ReplyDeleteJulie-you are a wonderful person. I hope you see that. Don't be so hard on yourself. When we were at BYU together you always put so much pressure on yourself to do so much. Life has only gotten more complex since then and I am sure you still attempt to do it all. I know it is hard but it helps to let go of what you "should" be like. I am here for you. Breath, pray, stay calm, feel how loved you are, be yourself, vent whenever you need to. Much love.
ReplyDeletejulie you are an incredible person! good luck finding the help you need. i'll definitely be sending some prayers your way!
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with you. Hope things start to look up. Love you!
ReplyDeleteLove you Julie! You and your family are always in my prayers. You are a wonderful friend and I am so glad that you know I am here for you. Don't forget. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI love you so much Julie. I won't begin to say that I understand the depth of your pain, but I do know that you are an amazing girl that knows where to turn in time of need and that is the most important thing you could ever know. I admire all that you do and are. I also know that God has given us the gift of modern medicine. I will be praying for you and for the doctors working with you.
ReplyDeleteHope it went well today. I'm thinking of you, praying for you and missing you! Love ya!
ReplyDeletehey julie, just want you to know i admire your strength and the beauty and happiness you radiate despite your struggles -- being around you in nauvoo and even bumping into you at Target right before you had baby #3 reminded me how fun you are to be around. also, people very close to me struggle with mental health issues so i know how devastating it can be and what it can do to your self-esteem and so many other aspects of your life. just know you are in my thoughts and prayers! hang in there.
ReplyDelete