Sunday, January 13, 2008

Grandpa Comes to Town

My dad was able to come to visit for the weekend. We were so excited, we had been wanting him to come for a long time.
Reagan loved her Grandpa! He held her almost the entire time he was here and she loved it! She loved peering up at his face and then to continued to touch, pat, and grab his irresistible large nose! I love how these things are socially acceptable for babies, I mean personal space is simple non-existent. What I really envy is how it is perfectly appropriate for a baby to turn around and stare at someone for long periods of time. I often wish I could do that but can you imagine how awkward it would be if someone right in front of you turned around and starred you down? This rule goes both ways with babies. While my dad was here we attended a BYU basketball game (very, very fun) but my dad thought it a little odd when two cute college girls kept looking at him and smiling. It took him a little while before he put two and two together...he was holding my sweet Reagan, who could help but stare???

Beautiful Utah....

One of the things we love to do when dad comes into town is go out to eat. We went to Outback, DELISH!!!! Dad was also able to go to church with us before we took him to the airport on Sunday.
Thanks for coming dad, we love you!

6 comments:

  1. Julie oh my gosh I'm so happy you guys have a blog! I found the Ballards' blog and now I found yours because we have lost touch with all of our old Wymount friends (other than Kyle & Alissa). You look so great and Reagan is adorable! We moved out before she was born and are now living in Arizona. Looks like you guys are doing great & lets keep in touch. Much love, The Smiths

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie! I totally agree about how funny it is babies can get away with doing things that aren't "socially acceptable" for everyone else! That must have been lots of fun to have your dad here this weekend! Your blog is very cute by the way - and yes I finally started mine over the weekend. Its www.roweblahgs.blogspot.com. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Grandpas! Babies are definitely outside social norms. I love it when people get all "coo-y" around babies in public! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie - I got my blog template from a website called pyzam.com. I actually just searched on google for free blog templates and found a ton! But this website is probably the best. Its fun to have a bigger variety to choose from. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Julie for your comments! You're a sweetheart. So to answer a few of your questions--Yes that is cake in front of Ty, it actually used to be Elmo's eyes from his 1st birthday cake.

    Yes you can make pictures black and white from your camera. Its really easy. I would suggest getting Photoshop Elements to start out with and look on the web for tutorials or you can get free photoshop actions that will do it for you with the click of a button (just google search "free photoshop actions"). The program I use is Photoshop CS3 which runs around $700 (yikes!) which I wouldn't suggest unless you're looking at being a photographer. Photoshop Elements you can buy for about $100 I think and its just a photo editing program that will totally be sufficient for what you are wanting.

    Yes I have a professional camera. I have a digital SLR Canon Rebel XTi camera and a telephoto lens (all in all I think I spent $1200 or something, but was totally worth every penny because I'm starting to do photography sessions in the near future! :)) But you can still get great pictures with a normal digital camera.

    Let me know if you need anything else! Sorry this post is so long! I'm so excited we can keep in touch via blogs. Much love, Celeste

    ReplyDelete

comments