Lately Reagan has found great joy out of playing in my one of my dresser drawers. It keeps her occupied for quite a while. Tonight as I was working in the kitchen Reagan nonchalantly comes walking in the kitchen after having been amused at the drawer. I keep hearing her say, "mmm, mmm." I put her up on the counter, her usual post while we're in the kitchen together, and I notice she's holding something...I look in her hand and there are 2 pieces of unwrapped gum! Then I look in her other hand and there's another 2 pieces being clenched for dear life. And yes she was indeed chomping on who knows how many pieces of cinnamon gum!!! She looks at me mischievously and says, "MMM, MMM!" I was laughing soooooooooooo hard! I thought I had got all the treats out of that drawer but the gum escaped me.
My next question is how do kids instinctively know what to do with gum? I mean I can't believe she just chewed it exactly how it was meant to be chewed and then spit it out so she could stuff fresh pieces in. Genius! To my inquiries of, "Can I have it?" Reagan emphatically shook her head back and forth, back and forth. Smart girl!I was so excited tonight at dinner. First of all, I didn't have to cook it, we are still living off left overs from my mom, delightful! Second of all, it's something Reagan will eat! Lacking all molars I have the hardest time finding things to feed Reagan. She's 16 months and we're still eating baby food sweet potatoes and peaches for goodness sake! Any advice? Is it that she really can't chew our food or is she just a picky eater?
Anyway, when we all sat down to dinner tonight eating the same thing I was ecstatic and had to get the camera out! Reagan thinks it's pretty cool to eat at the table, she has been boycotting the tray lately.

Chillin' with dad, so cute!
Maybe she's a genius, my kids swallow gum until they're around 6, then they figure it out.
ReplyDelete