Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Just to blog...

The shirt that Lincoln is wearing in these pictures is the only item of clothing I have bought him. I get so excited about my children but I'm not one to show my excitement through buying things. I am just not a shopper and I really only want what we need. Because of all the things so many of you have graciously given us I really have not had the need to buy clothes for the entire first year of their lives. And what I learn from this is I will pay it forward!


Okay, but that is not the point of me telling you I bought this shirt. The point is is that this shirt has a story behind it. The day I found out I was pregnant I was already out and about doing errands. Literally, I was out and about. I am the kind of person that is so excited to find out if I'm pregnant that I go through dozens of pregnancy tests. As luck would have it, both times I was actually pregnant I had depleted my reservoir of tests!!! While freaking out after being sick for a couple weeks and being convinced I had a parasite, a friend mentioned, and it dawned on me, that I just might be pregnant. So being fresh out of tests, I ran to the store. Of course I couldn't wait until I got home so I, oh so gracefully, pushed the grocery cart (with Reagan in it) into a cramped public bathroom and started jumping up and down with delight when I had my answer! Reagan started squealing in response to my excitement. So while we were already out I pondered of a way I could reveal the good news to Will. I decided I would run over to the mall and buy a baby boy shirt (who knew what gender it would be but we had enough girl stuff). Baby GAP wrapped it up all cute. After asking Will to take me out to delicious dinner at Outback that evening I presented him with this gift: the shirt. Surprise!!!! I can't believe he's here now to actually wear it!!! It reminds me of all the excitement I had while awaiting him! He is so precious and exceeds anything I could have imagined!


It was so exciting to have my sister-in-law, Savannah, her sister Tamera, and mom Diane show up on my front door! With them living in California I did not expect to see them there. I was so surprised and overjoyed to have them!!! They drove out for a quick trip to Women's Conference.

Lincoln and Aunt Savannah

The Dynamic Duo

Last night I had my beehive girls over for our Young Women's Activity. We modpodged magnets. Reagan thought she was part of the gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments