Friday, October 22, 2010

Picking at the Brier Patch

A friend had told me how, just down the road, there was a brier patch that you could pick your own raspberries. Knowing that Reagan LOVES raspberries and knowing that I never shell out the money to buy them, I knew we had to go! I invited some friends to join us, and early that morning, I drove to McBride's Brier Patch to find out the details. The owner was there and said, "Yeah, this is the very end of the season so you can go ahead and pick for free." !!!!!! Oooooooooo I was soooo excited. Naturally we had an outstanding time: They had little buckets and string that you could tie around your waste so both hands could be free for picking. I would fill Lincoln's bucket and next thing I knew it was empty again... Isn't it BEAUTIFUL!!! You can see Kristen picking with baby Luke, who Reagan lovely calls, "Little friend." When we would get separated she would ask, "Where's our little friend," or "Where's our 'nother friend?"


Ahhhhh, autumn leaves, need I say more? Lincoln got a kick out of filling his bucket with them.

It was very intense work, lol.
The kids loved this tractor.

See you next year

5 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm glad you got to go and the pictures of Lincoln with his raspberry face is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man they are getting big. We both think Lincoln is super cute with his raspberry face. We also love the Regan quotes. Looks like you guys are having a fun fall!
    Love,
    John and Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so fun! Thanks for inviting me. I have been eating raspberries like crazy and savoring everyone since they were free!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the pictures, and bike riding with little ones sounds awesome! I remember when i was younger just riding around the same small loop all day long, never ever boring of it. isn't childhood magical? The greatest joy comes from the simple things in life, good thing we have kids to remind us of that :) love you lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks AMAZING! I grew up picking raspberries for a little summer cash. I love them!

    ReplyDelete

comments